Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Day off.... FINALLY!!

Barrels in winery... this was not included on our tour but no one was looking and i snuck over and took a picture... never underestimate the sneakiness :)
Front view of Rubicon Estates

Sign at the front drive


Picnicing on someone else's pond!!! (but we cleaned up after ourselves... I made sure of that!)








Fun Wine Country sign!!







































After working three straight weeks without an entire day off, we decided to make our first day off a fun one. So, we loaded up a picinic basket and headed to Napa!!! It was so beautiful. The weather could not have been more perfect... clear skies about 75 degrees with a breeze. We drove around for an hour just looking, then we went off a side road (most likely on someone's private property... oopps) and found a place in a vineyard with a pond to picnic (wiht groceries we bought on our foood stamps... oh the irony) then we went to Rubicon Estates (Francis Ford Coppalla's winery) and did a tour of the estate, wine tasting, and visited the museum. I only did a three glass taster because I drove home (always the D.D.... some things never change :) ) However the whites I sampled were from the line Francis gave to his daughter as a weeding present.... I bought a bottle of the Rose they were great light and sweet wines. I have included a few pictures below but i have lots more! If anyone wants to visit me... I would love to go back and ride the Wine train next time!!!!






























1 comment: